Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas and New Year’s are coming!


Can’t wait to be sharing Christmas Eve’s Supper with my folks! Every year in my family we have a traditional holiday dinner with lots of Brazilian dishes.

This includes:

Turkey;  Rice;  Beans; Farofa (Cassava Flour); Codfish “cake”; Potato Salad; Leek and Mushroom Quiche.

And my favourite part of the night: DESSERTS

Chocolate Triffle; Lemon Tart; “Rainbow” gelatine; Sweet French Toast.

These are mandatory for a Berlandi-Vale family dinner. =)

It is normally my responsibility to prepare the Quiche and the desserts, which I love.

Over the next few posts, I will be teaching you how to prepare some of my favourite dishes.

I hope you are hungry  :D

Let’s start with the classics.

French Toast – Rabanada

http://www.amandocozinhar.com/2013/01/rabanada-de-forno-para-fazer-o-ano.html


This is a MUST have on Christmas in every Brazilian home.

Ingredients:

- Baguette (there is usually a special bread for this, but you can use a white baguette).
- Eggs
- Condensed milk
- Milk
- Sugar
- Cinnamon
- Canola oil for deep frying

1- Cut the baguette in thick slices (2 - 3 cm).
2- Mix about 2 tbsp of condensed milk in 1 1/2 cup of milk and reserve.
3- Whisk egg in a separate bowl and reserve.
4- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
5- Heat the canola oil for deep frying.
6- Dip the baguette first in the milk mixture, then in the egg and then in the heated oil.
7- After the baguette is golden brown, remove it from the frying pan and place it in a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
8- Cover the fried baguette in the sugar and cinnamon mix and serve.

You can serve them hot or leave them in the fridge for the day after.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Tell me, have you ever tried a Rabanada? What did you think?

Thank you for reading. See you next time.

Dee ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment