Friday, November 28, 2014

Lots of News!!


Hey everyone.

Sorry I haven't stopped by for a while.

So much stuff has happened so I've got a lot to share with you.

So, after the Better Business Partnership event I went last month, I went to our local council to ask about what was required for me to have a home-based food business. Thankfully they said it was possible, as long as I complied with the Food Authority and council's standards. No worries on that part. I've studied the Food Standards code a few times in the past year and complying with their requirements will not be hard.

That was such a great relief, the place I was living before didn't allow this type of business, so having received a positive answer, made me very happy.

So now I could finally "press start". I created my ABN, and notified the government about the activity, so now I can happily say: WE ARE IN BUSINESS!!

Happy days!

But this is not all, to get things really started: I've got my first contract! I'm supplying my college (MnM Institute) with cakes for the morning and afternoon tea. How cool is that?

It's a great experience and I'm learning a lot (the right packaging, the best recipes, storage, etc).

But now, the school year is over and planning next year is what I'll be moving on to next.

Because of the Holidays, this school break is quite long, so I've decided to go to Brazil and spend the Holidays with my family.

But I couldn't just leave my business alone, could I? No. This is why I have my capable sister and associate taking care of it while I'm away. :)

However, I don't want this trip to be a waste of time (for the business I mean), so I've made plans to talk to my favourite businesses in the area and ask a bit about their work and learn more about the industry.

I have been looking for inspiration for new flavours and products and I actually already found some new stuff to experiment with, when I return.

I have big plans for Easter as well. :)

As you can see, I've been busy, but this is all part of the process.

Hopefully when I go back everything will go smoothly because of my planning ahead.

As I always say: great things are coming.

Have a good day everyone.

Catch you later,

Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment