Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Quindim - Recipe

Hey everyone!

I'm here today with a quick and delicious recipe to you!

As a baker, I always keep a stock of eggs in my place - you never know when inspiration may come :) - but since it's a product that can easily go bad, I don't like to keep them for too long.

This past week I didn't bake anything so I decided it was time to use the eggs fast! For that reason I looked for a delicious recipe that would require the use of heaps of eggs. :)

If you feel like making this dessert but, either don't have the full amount of the ingredients or you just think it's too many eggs, I suggest you proportion the recipe to what you have.

Well, without further a due, I bring to you "Quindim" - a Brazilian baked dessert, sort of like a flan/custard. It's made mostly of egg yolks, sugar and coconut.

Enjoy. :)




Ingredients

300 g of caster/white sugar
100 g of shredded coconut
20 egg yolks
1 tbsp of plain flour
50 g of butter
50 ml of milk

Preparation

1 - Pre-heat oven at 180Âșc.
2 - Grease the small flan tins with butter and sugar.
3 - In a bowl, mix well the sugar, flour, coconut and the yolks.
4 - Heat the milk up with the butter until the butter melts and add it to the mix. Wait until it cools down.
5 - Put the mixture in the little tins.
6 - Put the tins in bain marie and take it to the oven until the top is golden brown.
7 - Unmold when it's cold.

Tip: Put in the fridge for a little while before serving it.

PS: I made aprox. 1/3 of this recipe and it was enough for four small "quindins".

Cheers,

Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment