Monday, December 9, 2013

The Blank Page

I believe everyone who starts a blog, a book, a column or just a page in a diary goes through a moment of staring at a blank page and trying to figure it out. How do I start?

Well, that’s no different for me. How do you start to explain a passion you have? How can you make others understand the depth of something you just love to do?

When you start to put your thoughts into words you begin to discover things about yourself that you probably did not know or maybe had just repressed. What are you passionate about?

Everyone has a passion for something. Maybe it is technology, books, fashion, movies, games, painting – what have you - in my case it is creating. You might think, “Oh, that’s specific!”

I could just say that I love cooking, but I reckon it would not show the depth of what I mean. Not even if I just said,
        
          - Yes, my passion is baking cakes.

How can I explain that it is not about the final product? How can I express how much it is about the whole process?

It is the fact that you can use various ingredients, things that have no shape, no flavour and no colour and when they are combined, they bring to life this amazing (sometimes not so amazing) creation!

It is about the thrill of getting that old recipe and doing it again, and changing it a bit to see how you can affect the end result.

It is about arriving home after a stressful day and just escaping reality for a while and, at the end, having something special you can enjoy. Even if it doesn’t result on a beautiful cake to share with your loved ones – when it just burns! – you know you’ve had that moment. 

Sometimes it’s just cathartic!

It is about embracing the fact that your emotions affect what you eat, and what you eat can affect how you feel.

How amazing is that! For me it is more amazing to know that I can be the one to allow others to experience new emotions through different types of creations.

It is the journey I love. Every bite ;)

Thank you for reading and welcome aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment